NanoSafety Cluster Week
Building confidence in risk assessment and governance of nanomaterial innovation
Save the date
October 7-10, Copenhagen
Following the conference “New tools and approaches for nanomaterial safety assessment” in February 2017, The NanoSafety Cluster is pleased to announce 4 days dedicated to “Building confidence in risk assessment and governance of Nanomaterial Innovation” in Copenhagen, October 2019.
The 4-day event kicks off with the caLIBRAte final conference focussed on current knowledge and future outlook on stakeholder risk perception and information needs and nanosafety data availability. caLIBRAte also presents nano-specific human and environmental risk assessment and management tools tested in the project, plus the decision support tool developed, the NanoRisk Governance Portal.
A two-day Nanosafety Cluster Scientific Conference then follows, organised and sponsored by the projects NanoCommons, NanoSolveIT and NanoInformaTIX, focussed on the increasingly important roles of data accessibility and predictive modelling in nanomaterials governance and risk assessment.
Towards in silico nanosafety assessment – integrating experimental and computational approaches includes oral and poster presentations from Nanosafety Cluster projects to update the community on latest nanosafety research and set the direction for the next 4 years via the nanoinformatics and nanosafety governance projects.
NanoSafety Cluster business closes the week, including an open NSC meeting to which all are welcome to contribute, Working Group meetings to progress key community-driven activities, and a Steering Group meeting. In parallel, a training session on the caLIBRAte Nano Risk Governance Portal and underlying risk assessment, management and decision support tools will be offered.
NanoSafety Cluster Week
- October 7: caLIBRAte final conference on risk assessment and governance
- October 8-9: NanoSafety Cluster conference Towards in silico nanosafety assessment – integrating experimental and computational approaches. Abstract submission (oral and poster) deadline August 30. Submit here.
- October 10: NanoSafety Cluster Open meeting and caLIBRAte NanoRisk Governance Portal training
Topics in the spotlight
- Nanosafety data management tools: from experiment to knowledge
- Hazard assessment along the life cycle of nanomaterials and nano-enabled products
- Exposure assessment along the life cycle of of nanomaterials and nano-enabled products
- Systems biology & mechanistic insights for nanosafety
- Nanoinformatics & Predictive Modelling
- Categorisation & grouping of nanomaterials
- Tools and approaches for safe by design of nanomaterials and processes
- Risk assessment and risk management solutions
Who should attend?
- Nano risk governance: All stakeholders interested in risk governance and learning more about use of the caLIBRAte Nano Risk Governance Portal (October 7 and 10)
- Informatics: Stakeholders (academia, industry, regulators) interested in the latest developments in the nanoinformatics field and how high-quality data and the nanoinformatics tools can assist hazard and risk assessment, safety by design and data driven innovation (October 8-9)
- Nanosafety research: Stakeholders (academia, industry, regulators) interested in latest developments throughout nanosafety research (October 10)
Further information on the individual projects is available here: